This granola is the perfect mix of crunchy, sweet and nutty. Oats, nuts and Rice Krispies are lightly toasted before being baked with syrup and salt until golden and crisp.
Delicious with milk, fruit juice, or my favourite — natural yoghurt and grapefruit segments 😋 Once made, you can store it in an airtight container for a few months, so it’s on hand for a quick breakfast or a tasty snack.
100 ml olive oil
200g porridge oats
300g mixed nuts
150g Rice Krispies
150ml golden syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 120 degrees Celsius and line a large baking tray with foil
2. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat. When hot, add the oats, nuts and Rice Krispies, mixing well to coat everything with oil.
3. Lightly toast this mixture in the pan for around 5 minutes, mixing every now and then to ensure even toasting
4. Remove the pan from the heat, add the golden syrup and salt and mix well
5. Place the mixture onto the lined tray and bake for an hour, mixing it every 20 minutes to ensure even cooking
6. Leave to cool, break it up into small pieces, then transfer to an airtight container