This granola is the perfect mix of crunchy, sweet and nutty. Oats, nuts and Rice Krispies are lightly toasted before being baked with syrup, sugar and salt until golden and crisp.
Delicious with milk, fruit juice, or my favourite — natural yoghurt and grapefruit segments 😋 Once made, you can store it in an airtight container for a few months, so it’s on hand for a quick breakfast or a tasty snack.
125ml olive oil
275g porridge oats
350g mixed nuts
150g Rice Krispies
150ml golden syrup
50g granulated sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 120 degrees Celsius and line a large baking tray with foil
2. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat. When hot, add the oats and Rice Krispies, mix well to coat them with oil, and lightly toast them for around 3 minutes, stirring frequently to ensure even toasting.
3. Add the nuts, mix them through and toast the mixture for 2 more minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the heat, add the golden syrup, sugar and salt and mix well
5. Place the mixture onto the lined tray and bake for an hour, mixing it every 20 minutes to ensure even cooking
6. Leave to cool, break it up into small pieces, then transfer to an airtight container